How to Convert a 1.8 Resource pack to 1.11.2/1.10.2By Moon ❘ November 30, 2016 ❘ 1,148 views
The upgrade version of Minecraft 1.9 published with several new features and the changes of old functions. One of those changes sadly is texture packs (the old name of the resource packs) of the versions 1.7/1.8, which is not suitable for using in version 1.9. There are many reasons to explain this terrible change, but the fundamental causes are one new file mcmeta, new model items, and blocks, new packs, etc. Don’t worry; I will instruct you How to Convert a 1.8 Resource pack to 1.11.2/1.10.2 version (completely usable).
Step 1: Find file pack.mcmeta
- The best way is to download a new version of resource pack that you want to transfer, and then extract it. For example, the resource pack Dokucraft version 1.7, after extracting, we will have a folder, and continuing to that folder:
You open the file with red cross in the image below (Right Click > Open With > Notepad)
We will have a text file with the code line as below. You should notice in the red line, editing “1” into “2” and then saving that file.
We complete step 1; you will move to step 2!
Step 2: Delete file inventory.png
- As mentioned above, version 1.9 has a different pack from version 1.7/1.8; therefore, file inventory.png in resource pack will become useless. The next step in the transfer process, we will delete this file inventory.png.
- In folder resource pack that you need to transform, log in the folder:
- [ name of resource pack ] > assets > minecraft > textures > gui > container > inventory.png
- Delete file “ inventory.png “.
Step 3: Delete old models:
- The models of version 1.7/1.8 will not be suitable for the version 1.9 anymore. Therefore, we will continue to delete those old models. Go to the below folder to find and remove:
- [ name of resource pack ] > assets > Minecraft > textures > models
- Delete folder “ models .“
Step 4: Install converted resource pack
The installation is the same as before; you can see at HERE: http://www.mc-mod.net/tag/minecraft-1-11-resource-packs/
- You SHOULD keep one original version of resource pack to avoid some troubles.
- This is a temporary transformation so it cannot transform entirely the resource pack 1.7/1.8 into resource pack version 1.9/1.10.2 and 1.11. Therefore, it will appear some random.